POWERPOP 78

POWERPOP 78
I am the Owner POP LIFE ARTS & Devilish Delights LA I am also an Artist, DJ, Pop Culture Archivest, Music Business Wife who lives a pretty interesting life. I am just here to share my experences with others.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy 2012


Happy New Year Everyone!

2012 is going to be a great year for me; I can feel it in my bones. After much soul searching and long talks with my husband and dear friends. I have made a decision to switch gears in my career and pursue my two greatest passions in life next to Music, Math, Science and Computers. Most people who are close to me know I am also a Painter-Collage Artist and Confection Creator. And this year, I am going to travel down that path.

It was hard to walk away from my job and the people that I really loved. But my quality life and family life seemed to be suffering in a lot. I was not able to catch up on a lot of things that I really enjoyed. And my stress levels were flying off of the charts. I was no longer able to enjoy my 2 hours a day at the gym, due to a hellish commute and I so tired when I got home at night. I could not commit to evening plans, or pick up a paintbrush. Walking my dog even became an extra stress in my life.


In November a dear friend of mine Diane came to my home to give me a massage and visit our loft. She was truly one person who realized I needed a true break, and told me point blank! "Hopey you need to learn to take time for yourself" I have thought about this conservation a lot, mainly because I don't get the chance to see Diane that much. And it was the first time that I heard those words from someone who was a dear friend, but not in my daily circle.

Needless to say Diane's words truly started affecting me, and I knew I needed to do something to make me truly happy and get my creative juices flowing again. I wanted to be able to do something that was truly coming from my heart, and something that I loved doing to a very passionate and artistic way. There was also a commitment I felt I needed to make to my grandparents, as they are the two people that truly helped me become the person I am today.

As I am writing this now, there is a feeling of fear knowing that I am taking a huge risk walking away from my career and jumping into uncharted waters. But I know at the same time this has to be done.

This week I am starting my journey and launching two new online businesses. One will be Devilish Delights LA, my online Dessert Company and the other is Pop Life Arts, and Etsy store where I will be trying to sell my paintings and collage items. I have no ideas what will happen with these ventures and I can only hope for some success to come out of them. But at the end of the day I know in my hearts of heart I am doing to be doing something that will make me happy and relaxed.
Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments: