Up early getting last minute things together and trying to work on the final packing stages. Packing is something I am quite good at and enjoy. However every year we go to Coachella I find myself in a little panic over what to bring. From clothing, jewelry, bath and body products, shoes, household items, pool toys, food, drink and office supplies.
I do feel that since we have a rental place I can do a little over packing. I am sitting here now writing this and suffering from a small panic over what clothes I have packed and whether or not I need to Weigh my options not sure if it's really worth it, but this is just how I am "The Constant Over Thinker"
Julie came over for a drink and a chat last evening, and I even sent her off with cooking chaffers, party supplies and a pinata. I am starting to wonder if I am alone in this feeling and if anyone else worries about this stuff like I do.
powerpop78's Double Take List
1. Do I need to pack more kitchen stuff (the house comes with a stocked kitchen"
2. Maybe I need more pool towels someone make not like the ones there.
3. I think we need more alcohol for the guest (keep in mind I don't drink hard alcohol)
4. If I have face scrub I need to have a toner and if I bring the toner, I have to have eye cream firming solution.
5. Batteries is one long package enough. (well I can always stop at Target)
6. What is someone forgets that. I should just have one on hand (this could mean any item I become fixated on at the time)
7. Film cameras and bags. I have this compulsion to bring them all.
8. I can't let people see me in the same swim suit daily. Is 5 really enough.
All and all with all of this over thinking I manage to forget something it just seems inevitable. I keep telling myself don't worry. However I just can't work this way. But the show must go on and there is still so much to do. I am now just going to to and relax and pack up my car before the counting of the hair ties starts. I just need to relax and this about the great bands that are playing and the friends I get to see.
In some ways I always feel like Coachella is the music business version of The Bill Chill for my generation for dear friends a colleagues. And for myself and the B it's like a great reunion for friends from far and near. I can't wait to get to the desert, crack and Red Stripe, float on a pool raft and get ready to open of my desert abode for 5 night of non stop madness with some of the most talented people I know.
Cheers! and Happy Coachella to all of you!